Sika Sarnafil, the premium waterproofing system of global manufacturer Sika, is the best waterproofing system for roofs. Sika Sarnafil is a PVC membrane and installed as either fully adhered (bonded to substrate using special adhesives), mechanically fixed or ballasted (weighted down with paver blocks, etc.) with membrane overlaps sealed by hot air welding. Sarnafil is a complete, ultra-long life waterproofing system free from deficiencies that often plague other roof waterproofing systems and ensures total water tightness of the area where it is installed. Mackintosh Corporation is Certified as Recommended Applicator of Sika Roofing Systems.
One of the biggest attributes of Sarnafil is its longevity. In 2012 Sika reported as follows: “A proof of the Sarnafil® durability and long life expectancy: since 1967 a number of field studies have been conducted to determine the durability and effectiveness of the single ply membrane, and today 45 years after installation and many years after the end of the original life expectancy period, the membrane is still proven to be waterproof.”
Sarnafil by Sika, a Swiss conglomerate with a history and track record of more than 100 years and renowned globally for its quality of materials, has many benefits and advantages. Some of the benefits and advantages are listed below:
- Ultra-long life expectant backed by long term material quality warranty from Sika;
- Fully trafficable (pedestrian);
- Ultra effective UV resistance resulting in exposed long life expectancy;
- Heat reflection of up to 84% (resulting in energy savings);
- Fire self-extinguishing (see video);
- Root resistant (Sarnafil G476);
- Exceptional effective detail work at drains, edges, pedestals, etc.;
- Ability to effectively deal with all waterproofing challenges any waterproofing application may offer;
- Ease of subsequent repair in the case of damage;
- Fully watertight but permeable (allows any trapped moisture to escape; etc.
Sika Sarnafil is used for the waterproofing of concrete roofs, metal roofs and green roofs. It is ideal in exposed applications (fully adhered) as energy saving benefits (heat reflectance) can fully enjoyed. In the ballasted system (no adhesives used) the membrane is either fully or partially concealed. Sika Sarnafil is possibly the best waterproofing system for roof gardens. Sarnafil accessories makes it possible to mount solar panels, air conditioner condenser units, etc. on roof keeping the membrane free from penetration. For those who want peace of mind from leaks, Sika Sarnafil is the waterproofing system – it is the Rolls Royce of waterproofing.